Do you watch members of your family struggle to repair hurts? Or wonder why some family members just can’t “let things go”? Are your emerging adult children fizzling instead of launching? Do your kids walk away when you try to talk with them? Do you wonder why they’re not learning from their mistakes?
Family therapy doesn’t stop at “fixing the problem.” It teaches the whole family to recognize negative patterns and teaches the whole family how to work as a team. It re-establishes the leadership of adults and teaches children that adults can be trusted to lead the family to health.
In a time when people are “just looking to take a pill” to solve the problem, family therapy teaches the family how to be the solution.
Common issues for which families seek Family Therapy:
- Transitions; Divorce, moving to a new community, blending of families, launching emerging adults
- Medical issues of one or more members of the family ~ i.e. Diabetes, Cancer, HIV
- Children with Exceptionalism (Special Needs and/or Gifted/Talented)
- Adoption/Foster Care
- Substance Abuse/Addiction
- Family Conflict
- Technology seems to be running the Family
- Lack of Trust
- Grief & Loss
The Therapists at Traverse Counseling & Consulting are equipped to assist you in navigating your way to a healthier functioning family dynamic. To learn more about Family Therapy at Traverse Counseling & Consulting, please call our office, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.