Do you watch members of your family struggle to repair hurts? Or wonder why some family members just can’t “let things go”? Are your emerging adult children fizzling instead of launching? Do your kids walk away when you try to talk with them? Do you wonder why they’re not learning from their mistakes?
Family therapy doesn’t stop at “fixing the problem.” It teaches the whole family to recognize negative patterns and teaches the whole family how to work as a team. It re-establishes the leadership of adults and teaches children that adults can be trusted to lead the family to health.
In a time when people are “just looking to take a pill” to solve the problem, family therapy teaches the family how to be the solution.
Common issues for which families seek Family Therapy:
- Adoption/Foster Care
- Children with Exceptionalism (Special Needs and/or Gifted/Talented)
- Family Conflict
- Family Trauma
- Grief & Loss
- Lack of Trust
- Launching young adults
- Major Mental Illness – When a Family member has a Major Mental Illness
- Medical issues of one or more members of the family ~ i.e. chronic illnesses like Diabetes and sometimes terminal illnesses like, Cancer.
- Substance Use/Addiction
- Transitions; Divorce, moving to a new community, blending of families, launching emerging adults
- Technology seems to be running the Family
The Therapists at Traverse Counseling & Consulting are equipped to assist you in navigating your way to a healthier functioning family dynamic. To learn more about Family Therapy at Traverse Counseling & Consulting, please call our office or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Call or email to schedule a phone call with one of our therapists. We would be happy to answer any questions you may have about Family therapy or any of the other services we provide.
We specialize in working with children and teens. Click here to learn more about therapy for children and teens.
Check out some of our blogs on family:
- Family Summer Adventure ~ Mathew Meyers, MA, LMFT
- A New Developmental Task ~ Mathew Meyers, MA, LMFT
- Kids and Transitions ~ Emilee Rodriguez, MA, LMFT
- Launching Teens ~ Mathew Meyers, MA, LMFT
- Summer with Kids ~ Emilee Rodriguez, MA, LMFT
- Summer Anxiety for Two Home Kids ~ By Emilee Rodriguez, MA, LMFT
- Children’s Love Language ~ By Mathew Meyers, MA, LMFT
- Cookies & College ~ Micheal Borowiak, MSW, LICSW