Individual and Family Therapy for Chronic Illness and Medical Conditions
Are you or is someone in your family facing a chronic illness or medical condition?
Are you concerned about how you or your family are managing the challenges that accompany the medical condition?
TCC’s Medical Family Therapy service can help by addressing the worry, sadness and stress that commonly result from living with a chronic illness.
Research indicates that chronic illness can impact both individuals and families in the following ways:
- Increase anxiety and depression in individuals
- Strain marriages
- Increase anxiety in parents
- Impact behavior between siblings
Chronic illness impacts both the individual and the people who care about them. Medical Family Therapy offers a way to respond to the impact of the medical condition/illness on the individual’s mental and emotional health as well as on the family’s functioning and well-being.
We invite you to sit down with a member of our clinical staff to discuss the impact the chronic illness has on your life and design a plan to support you and your family in:
- Successfully integrating the chronic illness into your family’s life
- Finding hope and pursuing your dreams
- Developing supportive communication and problem solving
- Expressing and managing feelings
- Reducing stress
To learn more about Medical Family Therapy at Traverse Counseling & Consulting, please call our office, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.