If you can see yourself working as part of a team that allows you to live out your passions by serving kids, families, and couples to ease suffering and support healing in relationships you may be a good fit at Traverse Counseling & Consulting. We are seeking a mental health practitioner or mental health professional to join our team in leading families out of their stuck places by providing therapeutic and other professional services.
Currently we have an opening for an Emerging Provider or a Veteran Provider (see below for a description).
Your Professional Journey with Traverse Counseling & Consulting
Development of people is our mission and purpose at Traverse Counseling & Consulting, GBC. We not only develop our clients and their families, we also develop our team. Traverse believes it is our mission and responsibility as an organization to contribute to the growth of our clients, the community, and our team.
Providers enter the field of therapy at various stages of life and career. At Traverse we believe that we are always learning, but that different stages of development require different support. Systemically oriented providers with a desire to develop themselves, belong to a team, and have a strong sense of purpose in their work may be a good fit for our team.
Veteran providers can work and grow with a team and utilize their gifts in community. They have the chance to expand their clinical approaches by working and collaborating with other providers in teamed therapy. In addition the have the opportunity to grow their skills for building a sustainable practice as an out-of-network provider.
Providers new to the field have a good clinical foundation but may lack the experience to have a clear vision of how and when to use their clinical tools. Becoming a competent and confident provider does not happen without guides along the way. TCC supports Emerging providers in gaining this confidence.
Individuals seeking to join the field of mental, emotional and relational health may join our team and benefit from observing and participating in co-therapy and in some cases providing therapy to clients. Interns gain exposure to the field while supported by fully licensed and systemically oriented therapists.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of a master’s degree in clinical social work, Marriage and Family Therapy, or a related field
- Training and experience in the application of Family Systems theory
- Experience working with Children
We want to meet with you if you:
- Have a desire to assist families that are very distressed to help lead them out of their chaos, disorder and distress
- Have a desire to work with children and families
- Have a family systems approach to therapeutic work
- Have high personal and professional standard
- Are interested in utilizing a cutting-edge approach with families?
- Are assertive, creative, innovative, and flexible?
- Are a leader and a collaborator?
- Are interested in co-therapy?
- Have a passion for expanding your competence and expanding the field
- Have great compassion for others
When applying please provide a cover letter, resume and one-page description of how you demonstrate the required attributes.
Send information by email to:
Mathew Meyers, MA, LMFT
Traverse Counseling & Consulting