At Traverse Counseling & Consulting we know that relationships sometimes suffer some hurts. Sometimes those hurts can be very big hurts. Reunification Therapy is about repairing relationships between parent and child when there has been a significant hurt or breach of trust. Sometimes family violence or issues of substance abuse or other issues related to family conflict have created a chasm between a parent and a child.
Traverse Counseling & Consulting therapists work with each parent and the child or children to create a customized treatment path to achieve the unique goals of the family. Each treatment path addresses the family’s specific situation and circumstances.
Your family may be a good candidate for Reunification Therapy if:
- There has been some estrangement between a parent and one or more children
- The Parent-to-Parent relationship has been difficult to manage (communication has been poor and/or child-focused decision making has been difficult)
- Parent intakes and family/child assessment
- Treatment Planning
- Relationship repair between parent and child/children
- Functional family relationships