Is technology ruining your life? Or someone who you care about?
Does their relationship with video games look like an addiction?
Do they use their phone compulsively? or in unsafe and unhealthy ways?
Traverse Counseling & Consulting assesses each client and their family and then provides the client with a customized treatment plan to address their unique circumstances and challenges.
We provide individual and family therapy for the following:
- Excessive Video Gaming
- Unsafe technology use (engaging in risky digital behaviors)
- Compulsive Pornography use
- Excessive and/or Problematic social media use
Frequently the goals of therapy around the issues above include:
- Identify the purpose of their use of digital behavior in their lives, and then to substitute ways of healthy ways of addressing that purpose
- Reset their relationship with technology so that it complements their life in the real
- Address other underlying issues mental, emotional, or relational issues that might be driving their unhealthy digital behavior
Group Therapy for Compulsive Technology Use:
Group Therapy for compulsive technology use (including Video Gaming) provides clients with a group experience to get support for managing their compulsive behaviors around technology. The group is designed for young men age 18-26 years old. In addition, clients benefit from support for other struggles such as; Perfectionism, Depression, and Anxiety. In addition to these issues common issues for individuals with problematic technology use include a lack of social competency/confidence, issues relating to differentiation from family of origin and launching into adulthood. Group therapy for these individuals will support them in increasing their insight and confidence with practical application in a group process.
The following are some typical symptoms of problematic tech use:
- A change in sleeping patterns. Not sleeping at night. Tired during the day
- Withdrawing from family and/or friends in the real
- Being defensive or lying about digital behaviors
- Losing interest in activities that she/he previously enjoyed
- Physical ailments, such as backaches, carpal tunnel syndrome, stiff neck, nerve pain/tingling in arms or fingers, eye fatigue
Prevention & Early Intervention:
Traverse Counseling & Consulting is equipped to help families and communities with prevention and early intervention for compulsive gaming technology use. For more information about prevention of compulsive gaming and technology use, please contact us.
Family Technology Tune-up:
At Traverse Counseling & Consulting we offer a 90-minute Family Technology Tune-up for parents of children and adolescents to support and empower parents to lead their children into healthy digital lives. Click here for more information.