At Traverse Counseling & Consulting, we believe in the value of partnering together with faith communities. We believe that we share many common goals, such as; addressing complex issues and hurts within families, relieving suffering and offering hope and healing. We know that addressing the mental and emotional health while supporting spiritual development is where transformation happens. We truly value being part of a constellation support and partnering with members of faith communities to support healing and transformation.
Presentations for Faith Communities:
- Moving Mountains; From Trauma & Addiction to Health & Healing – This presentation focuses on identifying indicators of substance use disorder, its impact on families, and barriers to family interventions. We also discuss the implications of adverse childhood experiences on mental health, and strategies for the faith community to support these families.
- Bearing with One Another in Love; Leaning into the Challenges of Marriage – Participants of this presentation will be able to identify healthy patterns in marriages, understand the importance of “leaning in” when struggling or stressed. They will also explore four indicators of a marriage in distress and ways to support marriages should risk factors be identified.
- Healthy Kids and Families – In this presentation, parents will understand healthy development and indicators of mental health concerns. Additionally parents will learn about the developmental and relational implications of technology use. Lastly, parents will be able to identify resources for support if they have concerns for their children.
- I am My Brother’s Keeper; Supporting Our Loved Ones – This is a unique presentation that talks about how we as a faith community can identify friends, family, colleagues or neighbors that may have distressed marriages, unhealthy family dynamics, concerns about substance use, or another concern. Participants will discuss keeping healthy boundaries for themselves while also exploring how to respond to our friends, neighbors, family and/or colleagues, pointing out paths to support and healing.
Presentations for Pastoral and Faith Leader:
We are called to be life-long learners, especially if we are in a role of loving and serving others. The following presentations are designed for Faith Leaders, including clergy, ministry directors and lay leaders. These presentations equip faith leaders to respond to the following specific issues:
Mission: Empowering and equipping faith leaders to minister and lead families and individuals in crisis.
Goals: To help faith leaders serve families and individuals who are quietly or visibly suffering, and to create a network of faith leaders and professionals for personal and professional support.
- Family Crisis in the Church – Domestic Violence – Faith leaders are sometimes called upon when there are dynamics of control or abuse in relationships. Do you feel equipped to help these families? We provide an educational opportunity for leaders to understand the different types of abuse, red flags, screening tools, the impact on children, and the legal process. Participants will also better understand their role as a faith leader and how they can best support the family system, including helping the victim and the abuser, and knowing when safety can and cannot be reset.
- Family Crisis in the Church – Couples Conflict – In this workshop, faith leaders will gain skills and knowledge to lead couples and families in marital crisis. Participants will learn how to manage the pitfalls and dilemmas of families in conflict, the differing roles of mental health, family law and faith professionals, processes of mandated reporting, and an awareness of resources.
- Family Crisis in the Church – Internet Addiction – Participants will gain an understanding of the developmental and relational impact of technology and internet addictions on couples and families, learn practical strategies for dealing with pornography, video gaming and on-line gambling addiction, and ways to lead your community in a healthy digital diet.
- Family Crisis in the Church – Substance Use Disorder – This workshop covers how families are impacted by substance use disorder, the patterns that occur, current research and the magnitude of substance use in our community, the faith communities’ role in supporting families that are suffering, how to mitigate risk and competently support families, and core competencies for faith leaders.