Traverse Counseling & Consulting provides not only therapy and counseling for Individual, Couples & Families, we also provide services for schools and students. Areas of expertise include the following:
- Risk/Threat Assessments
- Faculty/Staff Development
- Parent Workshops
Is your school prepared to handle any potential threats to your school, staff or other students? How do you know how serious the risk is, and how to respond?
Traverse Counseling & Consulting offers independent, neutral, third party threat/risk assessments to assist schools in this process. Our comprehensive service includes:
- Assessment of the veracity of a student’s threat
- Evaluation and quantification of factors contributing to the student’s behaviors
- Evaluation of the potential risk for future disruptive, damaging or violent behaviors
- Specific recommendations for school administrators to help guide their response, management, and subsequent interventions related to the incident in question. This includes a written summary, followed by an in-person feedback session to go over the findings.
- Recommendations for the family system
If you are a school administrator that would like more information, please call our office to set up a phone call or in person meeting.
Is your staff asking for training to better support students?Traverse Counseling & Consulting seeks to support educators and administrators with training and resources to empower them with information and practical skills to manage their classrooms more effectively.
Traverse Counseling & Consulting Team members are equipped to provide training in the following areas to Educators and Administrators:
- Substance Abuse – With as many as 1 in 4 children and adolescents experimenting with substances and by some estimates 10 percent of youth at age 18 leaving high school with a substance use disorder, substance use and abuse is a significant issue for students. This session will assist educators in identifying indicators of substance use and will provide practical tools for addressing these issues in your school.
- Managing Anxiety and Depression in the Classroom – Does it feel that anxiety and depression are showing up more and more in your students? This workshop supports instructors and administrators in understanding how to effectively support and lead students who are feeling anxious or depressed.
- Family Transitions – This session highlights the difficulties that students face during times of family transition such as divorce or separation of family. This session will support educators in understanding the dynamics of these families, how it affects children and teens and how to support children and teens in the midst of these changes to their family’s structure.
Traverse Counseling & Consulting Team members are equipped to provide workshops/seminars for parents in the following areas:
- Exceptional Parenting; Supporting your Exceptional Kids – Parenting children and teens impacted by giftedness, special needs, and/or mental health issues requires parents to be intentional in supporting their unique kids and the challenges they face. Walk away from this presentation with tools to help your children educationally, socially, and emotionally.
- Is Technology Taking Control? – This new age of technology is leaving many parents wondering what children are being exposed to on the internet, how much screen time is too much, what is all of this screen time doing to our children’s development, and how to know when to seek help. This workshop will answer all of theses questions and support parents in leading children in safe and healthy relationships with technology.
- Substance Abuse – Parents are often not aware of the indicators of substance use, do not know how to talk about it with their children, and do not know how to respond when a substance issue is present. This session will support parents in increasing their understanding of the above.
- Parenting your Anxious Child(ren) – For parents whose children have diagnosed anxiety or depression, they often feel at the mercy of these difficult and disabling disorders. This workshop will help parents understand how to lead their children into managing these issues more effectively.
- Family Transitions – This session will help families to understand the dynamics that support healthy development for their children even in the midst of significant family structure transition and how to reassert or reset their parental leadership.