Traverse Counseling & Consulting provides not only therapy and counseling for Individual, Couples & Families, we also provide services for schools and students. Areas of expertise include the following:
- Risk/Threat Assessments
- Faculty/Staff Development
- Parent Workshops
Is your school prepared to handle any potential threats to your school, staff or other students? How do you know how serious the risk is, and how to respond?
Traverse Counseling & Consulting offers independent, neutral, third party threat/risk assessments to assist schools in this process. Our comprehensive service includes:
- Assessment of the veracity of a student’s threat
- Evaluation and quantification of factors contributing to the student’s behaviors
- Evaluation of the potential risk for future disruptive, damaging or violent behaviors
- Specific recommendations for school administrators to help guide their response, management, and subsequent interventions related to the incident in question. This includes a written summary, followed by an in-person feedback session to go over the findings.
- Recommendations for the family system
If you are a school administrator that would like more information, please call our office to set up a phone call or in person meeting.
Is your staff asking for training to better support students?Traverse Counseling & Consulting seeks to support educators and administrators with training and resources to empower them with information and practical skills to manage their classrooms more effectively.
Traverse Counseling & Consulting Team members are equipped to provide training in the following areas to Educators and Administrators:
- Executive Functioning – Growing the executive functioning muscles of our students has become a critical goal of our academic institutions. This session will prepare educators with practical tools for increasing and strengthening their executive functioning muscles.
- Mindfulness in the Classroom – In addition to the benefits of mindfulness in social and emotional wellness, there are benefits for classroom management and academic performance. This presentation will empower classroom instructors in incorporating mindfulness techniques in their classrooms.
- Substance Abuse – With as many as 1 in 4 children and adolescents experimenting with substances and by some estimates 10 percent of youth at age 18 leaving high school with a substance abuse problem, substance use and abuse is a significant issue for students with implications not just for their well-being but for their academic and vocational lives. This session will assist educators in identifying indicators of substance use and will provide practical tools for addressing these issues in the classroom.
- Managing Anxiety and Depression in the Classroom – Does it feel that anxiety and depression are in charge of your classrooms? This workshop supports instructors and administrators in understanding how to effectively support and lead students instead of feeling as though anxiety and depression are leading.
- Family Transitions – This session highlights the difficulties that students face during times of family transition such as divorce or separation of family. While not all families face these difficulties, a significant portion of our students experience these kids of transitions. This session will support educators in understanding the dynamics of these families, how it affects children and teens and how to support children and teens in the midst of these changes to their family’s structure.
Traverse Counseling & Consulting Team members are equipped to provide workshops/seminars for parents in the following areas:
- Executive Functioning – Parents have an enormous contribution to make with supporting the development of children’s executive functioning. Many parents feel under qualified to support their student’s growth in this area. This workshop will increase parent’s awareness of what they are already doing and provide other strategies for increasing students awareness.
- Family Mindfulness – A practice of mindfulness has been demonstrated to have myriad benefits for people of all ages and stages of development. This workshop will support parents in finding practical ways of integrating mindfulness into their family life and schedule.
- Exceptional Kids/Exceptional Parenting – Parenting children and teens impacted by giftedness, special needs, and/or mental health issues requires parents to be intentional in supporting their unique kids and the challenges they face. Walk away from this presentation with tools to help your children educationally, socially, and emotionally.
- 21st Century Parents – Our digital tools offer wonderful opportunities for learning and engaging our curiosity. Additionally, they can create distractions and difficulties with learning. Parents often report that they feel at the mercy of technology. This workshop will support parents in finding their ability to lead their children into a safe and healthy relationship with technology.
- Substance Abuse – Parents are often not aware of the indicators of substance use, do not know how to talk about it with their children, and do not know how to respond when a substance issue is present. This session will support parents in increasing their understanding of the above.
- Managing Anxiety and Depression in the home – For parents whose children have diagnosed anxiety or depression, they often feel at the mercy of these difficult and disabling disorders. This workshop will help parents understand how to lead their children into managing these issues more effectively.
- Family Transitions – This session will help families to understand the dynamics that support healthy development for their children even in the midst of significant family structure transition and how to reassert or reset their parental leadership.