Have you or someone in your family struggled with substance abuse or major mental illness?
Are you concerned about how your family will function after the discharge?
Do you worry about falling back into unhealthy and unsafe patterns of conflict, blame and mistrust?
While your loved one is working on personal recovery in treatment, families have important work to do in preparation for treatment discharge. Often there is a sense of fear and anxiety felt by family members at the time of transition. Children, especially, may suffer silently while families are in the grasp of mental illness and/or substance use disorders.
To move beyond the important educational components provided in treatment programs, families frequently need extended expert consultation, planning and support for long-term success.
Our staff work with families to develop a treatment plan that:
- Stabilizes the family beyond the recovering member’s return and the “honeymoon” period often anticipated
- Resets the emotional and physical safety critical for all members, especially young children
- Normalizes ways to discuss the medical conditions present in the family from a healthy and supportive perspective
- Identifies the needs and path to relationship repair, including assessing the needs of children and responding to their voice
- Assists family members in creating functional and healthy communication patterns, coping skills, and problem-solving processes
Our process is designed to be flexible in meeting family needs over a short and/or long period of time.
The Therapists at Traverse Counseling & Consulting are equipped to assist you in navigating your way to a healthier functioning family dynamic. To learn more about Family Therapy at Traverse Counseling & Consulting, please call our office, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.