Children experiencing divorce in their family undergo an immense amount of stress. In addition to Therapy for Children whose family has or is experiencing
Divorce or Separation, Managing in the Middle is a class at Traverse Counseling & Consulting for elementary aged children experiencing Separation or
Divorce in their families. The development, perspective, and needs that adolescents have as they are faced with divorce is different from that of their younger siblings. We address their unique emotional experience by scheduling them individually or with their siblings.
- Helping and supporting children to express their feelings in a secure environment
- Increasing children’s coping skills for when they are stressed
- Giving children responses to parents for when they feel caught in the middle of parental conflict
- Providing children a shared opportunity to engage in conversation with other children about their experiences, questions, concerns, doubts, and desires
- Utilizing child-focused modalities including; conversation, art, and games to help children express themselves in the manner best for each of them
Our Clinical staff at Traverse Counseling & Consulting facilitate this course and are trained in family systems and understand the developmental impact of family conflict on the growth and development of children.
To enquire about dates and times, to register, or for more information, please contact our office at 952.595.5967.