Our upcoming Training and Workshops: (scroll down for more information on each of these)
- Diabetes & Your Teen: Surviving the Turbulent Transition to Independent Management
- Your Professional Journey: A workshop for therapists
- Second Saturday – 2nd Saturday of each month (except July and August 2019)
- Family Technology Tune Up Workshop
Are you and your teen struggling to see eye-to-eye on their diabetes management?
Is your teen’s diabetes care leaving you feeling anxious and frustrated?
Are you struggling to keep yourself afloat?
Traverse Counseling & Consulting hosts an educational workshop for parents of teens who are beginning or in the process of transiting to independent management.
In this workshop, you will:
- Gain an understanding about adolescent brain development and age-appropriate developmental milestones, including appropriate expectations for diabetes management.
- Learn a framework for the process of transitioning your teen to independent management while addressing the emotional and relational challenges.
- Discuss ways in which families can get stuck in the process and strategies for getting unstuck, such as:
- Improving communication skills and problem solving skills
- Developing stronger parental alignment and leadership
- Helping parents and their teen develop coping strategies
- Improving all interpersonal relationships in the family
The 2nd Saturday of each month @ Traverse Counseling & Consulting, GBC
9800 Shelard Pkwy, Suite 215 Plymouth MN 55441
This workshop is designed to help individuals take the next step, no matter where they are in the process of untying the knot. Second Saturday deals with the legal, financial, family and personal issues of divorce in a logical, yet compassionate way.
For more information and/or to register: Second Saturday Twin Cities