Our upcoming Training and Workshops: (scroll down for more information on each of these)
- Diabetes & Your Teen: Surviving the Turbulent Transition to Independent Management
- Launching a Thriving and Sustainable Therapy Practice
- Second Saturday – 2nd Saturday of each month at the Minnetonka Community Center
Diabetes & Your Teen: Surviving the Turbulent Transition to Independent Management
Are you and your teen struggling to see eye-to-eye on their diabetes management?
Is your teen’s diabetes care leaving you feeling anxious and frustrated?
Are you struggling to keep yourself afloat?
Traverse Counseling & Consulting is hosting an educational workshop for parents of teens who are beginning or in the process of transiting to independent management.
When: October 27, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. (light refreshments provided)
Where: 1000 Shelard Parkway, St. Louis Park, 55426 – Main Floor Conference Room
Who: Parents of adolescents with type 1 diabetes and ages 11 to 18
Cost: $40 for an individual parent, $60 for both parents
In this workshop, you will:
- Gain an understanding about adolescent brain development and age-appropriate developmental milestones, including appropriate expectations for diabetes management.
- Learn a framework for the process of transitioning your teen to independent management while addressing the emotional and relational challenges.
- Discuss ways in which families can get stuck in the process and strategies for getting unstuck, such as:
- Improving communication skills and problem solving skills
- Developing stronger parental alignment and leadership
- Helping parents and their teen develop coping strategies
- Improving all interpersonal relationships in the family
Do you feel called to branch out and build something to be a force for positive change in the world? Does the traditional therapy practice leave you feeling unsatisfied?
- Identify your purpose and passion as a new therapist or in building a new practice
- Be introduced to a variety of business models used by therapy practices
- Discuss sustainability and viability factors in building a new practice
- Identify and increase your confidence in claiming your area(s) of expertise
About the workshop:
Being a skilled therapist does not necessarily go hand-in-hand with the skills and knowledge to build a sustainable business model. A healthy and thriving therapy practice will not happen without a sound business approach and strategies that support its’ growth. This workshop will support therapists looking to build a therapy practice in creating a plan to build a life-giving practice for their clients and for themselves.
About the presenters:
Mathew Meyers, MA, LMFT and Michael Borowiak, MSW, LICSW co-owners of Traverse Counseling & Consulting, GBC, have a passion for families struggling with complex issues. They also believe that to be most effective in creating change in families they must work collaboratively with other professionals. This collaborative spirit and family systems approach is the foundation of Traverse Counseling & Consulting. Along with this approach is solid understanding of business and marketing strategies that have allowed Traverse Counseling & Consulting, GBC, to almost double in growth in less than two years of operation.
When: January 6th, 2019
Where: Traverse Counseling & Consulting, GBC
To Register contact our office @ 952.595.5967
The 2nd Saturday of each month @ Minnetonka Community Center
14600 Minnetonka Blvd * Minnetonka, MN 55345
This workshop is designed to help individuals take the next step, no matter where they are in the process of untying the knot. Second Saturday deals with the legal, financial, family and personal issues of divorce in a logical, yet compassionate way.
For more information and/or to register: Second Saturday Twin Cities