Our upcoming Training and Workshops: (scroll down for more information on each of these)
- Launching a Thriving and Sustainable Therapy Practice – Stay tuned for a future date
- Second Saturday – 2nd Saturday of each month at the Minnetonka Community Center
- Behind the Screen: Seminar and Workshops for Professional Helpers, and Parents (Sept-Oct 2017)
- Family Crisis in the Church: Advanced Strategies for Leading Families Struggling with Substance Abuse (August 17, 2017)
Launching a Thriving and Sustainable Therapy Practice
Do you feel called to branch out and build something to be a force for positive change in the world? Does the traditional therapy practice leave you feeling unsatisfied?
- Identify your purpose and passion as a new therapist or in building a new practice
- Be introduced to a variety of business models used by therapy practices
- Discuss sustainability and viability factors in building a new practice
- Identify and increase your confidence in claiming your area(s) of expertise
About the workshop:
Being a skilled therapist does not necessarily go hand-in-hand with the skills and knowledge to build a sustainable business model. A healthy and thriving therapy practice will not happen without a sound business approach and strategies that support its’ growth. This workshop will support therapists looking to build a therapy practice in creating a plan to build a life-giving practice for their clients and for themselves.
About the presenters:
Mathew Meyers, MA, LMFT and Michael Borowiak, MSW, LICSW co-owners of Traverse Counseling & Consulting, GBC, have a passion for families struggling with complex issues. They also believe that to be most effective in creating change in families they must work collaboratively with other professionals. This collaborative spirit and family systems approach is the foundation of Traverse Counseling & Consulting. Along with this approach is solid understanding of business and marketing strategies that have allowed Traverse Counseling & Consulting, GBC, to almost double in growth in less than two years of operation.
When: Future Dates TBD
Where: Traverse Counseling & Consulting, GBC
To Register contact our office @ 952.595.5967
The 2nd Saturday of each month
Minnetonka Community Center
14600 Minnetonka Blvd * Minnetonka, MN 55345
This workshop is designed to help individuals take the next step, no matter where they are in the process of untying the knot. Second Saturday deals with the legal, financial, family and personal issues of divorce in a logical, yet compassionate way.
For more information and/or to register: Second Saturday Twin Cities
Technology Workshops for Parents and Professionals
Raising children in this age of technology can be so confusing, and let’s face it – scary! How do we know how much screen time is too much, what kids are exposed to on the internet, and how to set healthy boundaries? The top two experts in the Twin Cities regarding technology and video gaming, Jessica Wong from Hazelden/Betty Ford Foundation, and Mathew Meyers, MA, LMFT from Traverse Counseling & Consulting, are teaming up to provide four information packed and integrative workshops coming this fall.
Workshop for Professionals:
Behind the Screen: Hidden Dangers of the Internet & How to Lead Your Clients in Healthy Technology Use
Thursday, September 22, 11:30 – 1:00, Lunch Provided, Location: Hazelden, 680 Stewart Ave, St. Paul, MN
Workshops Series for Parents:
Behind the Screen: Revealing What Kids are Doing on the Internet & its Impact on Development
Tuesday, October 10, 2017, 6:30 – 8:00 pm, Location: Excelsior Elementary School, no cost
Behind the Screen: Identifying Strategies to Keep Technology from Controlling Your Family
Tuesday, October 17, 2017, 6:30 – 8:00 pm, Location Excelsior Elementary School, no cost
Behind the Screen: Taking Back Control – How to Create and Implement a Healthy Family Digital Strategy
Tuesday, October 24, 2017, 6:30 – 8:00 pm, Location Excelsior Elementary School, no cost
Traverse Counseling & Consulting Presents:
A Four Part Workshop Series for Faith Leaders”Family Crisis in the Church
“Traverse Counseling & Consulting is hosting an integrative workshop series for faith leaders, including clergy, ministry directors and lay leaders within congregations. Included will be training and small and large group discussions.
Mission: Empowering and equipping faith leaders to minister and lead families and individuals in crisis.Goals: To help faith leaders serve families and individuals who are quietly or visibly suffering, and to create a network of faith leaders and professionals for personal and professional support.
Workshop Three: Advanced Strategies for Leading Families Suffering with Substance Abuse.
Faith Leaders are frequently an untapped resource for families suffering with substance abuse because of shame and fear. Learn how to invite people into greater healing as they struggle with addictions.
In Workshop Three, you will also:
- Gain an understanding of current research and the magnitude of Substance Abuse problems in our community.
- Gain an understanding of the impact of substance abuse on families and common patterns that emerge.
- Discuss how faith communities can constructively support families who struggle with Substance Abuse and work preventatively to mitigate risk in your community.
- Understand the core competencies for Clergy and other Pastoral Ministers in addressing alcohol and drug dependence and the impact on families.
This workshop includes a boxed lunch. Please indicate dietary restrictions in your registration.