Our upcoming Training and Workshops: (scroll down for more information on each of these)
- Diabetes & Your Teen: Surviving the Turbulent Transition to Independent Management
- Your Professional Journey: A workshop for therapists
- Second Saturday – 2nd Saturday of each month (except July and August 2019)
- Family Technology Tune Up Workshop
Are you and your teen struggling to see eye-to-eye on their diabetes management?
Is your teen’s diabetes care leaving you feeling anxious and frustrated?
Are you struggling to keep yourself afloat?
Traverse Counseling & Consulting is hosting an educational workshop for parents of teens who are beginning or in the process of transiting to independent management.
When: Wednesday, August 21, 5:30 to 8:30 pm (light refreshments provided)
Where: 1000 Shelard Parkway, St. Louis Park, 55426 – Main Floor Conference Room
Who: Parents of adolescents with type 1 diabetes and ages 11 to 18
Cost: $40 for an individual parent, $60 for both parents
In this workshop, you will:
- Gain an understanding about adolescent brain development and age-appropriate developmental milestones, including appropriate expectations for diabetes management.
- Learn a framework for the process of transitioning your teen to independent management while addressing the emotional and relational challenges.
- Discuss ways in which families can get stuck in the process and strategies for getting unstuck, such as:
- Improving communication skills and problem solving skills
- Developing stronger parental alignment and leadership
- Helping parents and their teen develop coping strategies
- Improving all interpersonal relationships in the family
The 2nd Saturday of each month @ Traverse Counseling & Consulting, GBC
1000 Shelard Pkwy, Suite 220, St. Louis Park, MN 55426
This workshop is designed to help individuals take the next step, no matter where they are in the process of untying the knot. Second Saturday deals with the legal, financial, family and personal issues of divorce in a logical, yet compassionate way.
Note: No workshop July or August 2019. For more information and/or to register: Second Saturday Twin Cities