Our upcoming Training and Workshops: (scroll down for more information on each of these)
“Starting the Conversation: Supporting the Mental Health of Our Youth”
The counseling department of Wayzata Free Church is hosting a panel discussion for parents regarding mental health issues that are currently impacting children and youth. The speakers include Michael Borowiak, LICSW of Traverse Counseling & Consulting, GBC, a medical doctor, a public school educator, and a mental health coach. The event will take place at Wayzata Free Church, located at 705 North County Road 101 in Plymouth, on Thursday, October 7, 6:30 to 8:00 pm. No registration is needed.
- Diabetes & Your Teen: Surviving the Turbulent Transition to Independent Management
- Your Professional Journey: A workshop for therapists
- Second Saturday – 2nd Saturday of each month
- Family Technology Tune Up Workshop
Are you and your teen struggling to see eye-to-eye on their diabetes management?
Is your teen’s diabetes care leaving you feeling anxious and frustrated?
Are you struggling to keep yourself afloat?
Traverse Counseling & Consulting hosts an educational workshop for parents of teens who are beginning or in the process of transiting to independent management.
In this workshop, you will:
- Gain an understanding about adolescent brain development and age-appropriate developmental milestones, including appropriate expectations for diabetes management.
- Learn a framework for the process of transitioning your teen to independent management while addressing the emotional and relational challenges.
- Discuss ways in which families can get stuck in the process and strategies for getting unstuck, such as:
- Improving communication skills and problem solving skills
- Developing stronger parental alignment and leadership
- Helping parents and their teen develop coping strategies
- Improving all interpersonal relationships in the family
2nd Saturday of each month, from 9:00 am to 10:30 pm Central Time
9800 Shelard Pkwy, Suite 215, Plymouth, MN 55441
This workshop is designed to help individuals take the next step, no matter where they are in the process of untying the knot. Second Saturday deals with the legal, financial, family and personal issues of divorce in a logical, yet compassionate way.
For more information and/or to register: Second Saturday Twin Cities