Our upcoming Training and Workshops: (scroll down for more information on each of these)
- Launching a Thriving and Sustainable Therapy Practice – January 8th, 2018
- Second Saturday – 2nd Saturday of each month at the Minnetonka Community Center ~ Click here for more info
- Family Crisis in the Church Hope in the Storm; How to Support & Lead Families Navigating the Waters of Interpersonal Violence and Abuse (Thursday, January 18, 2018) ~ Click Here to Register
Launching a Thriving and Sustainable Therapy Practice
Do you feel called to branch out and build something to be a force for positive change in the world? Does the traditional therapy practice leave you feeling unsatisfied?
- Identify your purpose and passion as a new therapist or in building a new practice
- Be introduced to a variety of business models used by therapy practices
- Discuss sustainability and viability factors in building a new practice
- Identify and increase your confidence in claiming your area(s) of expertise
About the workshop:
Being a skilled therapist does not necessarily go hand-in-hand with the skills and knowledge to build a sustainable business model. A healthy and thriving therapy practice will not happen without a sound business approach and strategies that support its’ growth. This workshop will support therapists looking to build a therapy practice in creating a plan to build a life-giving practice for their clients and for themselves.
About the presenters:
Mathew Meyers, MA, LMFT and Michael Borowiak, MSW, LICSW co-owners of Traverse Counseling & Consulting, GBC, have a passion for families struggling with complex issues. They also believe that to be most effective in creating change in families they must work collaboratively with other professionals. This collaborative spirit and family systems approach is the foundation of Traverse Counseling & Consulting. Along with this approach is solid understanding of business and marketing strategies that have allowed Traverse Counseling & Consulting, GBC, to almost double in growth in less than two years of operation.
When: January 8th, 2018, 7-8:30pm
Where: Traverse Counseling & Consulting, GBC
To Register contact our office @ 952.595.5967
The 2nd Saturday of each month
Minnetonka Community Center
14600 Minnetonka Blvd * Minnetonka, MN 55345
This workshop is designed to help individuals take the next step, no matter where they are in the process of untying the knot. Second Saturday deals with the legal, financial, family and personal issues of divorce in a logical, yet compassionate way.
For more information and/or to register: Second Saturday Twin Cities
Family Crisis in the Church
Hope in the Storm; How to Support & Lead Families Navigating the Waters of Interpersonal Violence and Abuse
Traverse Counseling & Consulting is hosting an integrative workshop for faith leaders, including clergy, ministry directors and lay leaders within congregations. Included will be training and small and large group discussions.
Date: Thursday, January 18, 2018
- 8:30 – 9:00 Coffee and Networking
- 9:00 – 1:00 Integrative Workshop, including Lunch
Location: District 287 Conference Center
- Understand the types and definitions of domestic abuse
- Understand family dynamics and patterns of abuse
- Learn how to assess and screen for domestic abuse
- Discuss the types of interventions that work best and how faith leaders can support the family system
- Understand the legal process, its impact on families and children and alternatives to the legal process